Associate Director, London
If you are ready for a new challenge CGL have an opportunity for an Associate Director to join the team at our busy office in London. CGL is an award-winning geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy with four offices in the UK, employing 60+ staff. We work at the forefront of the industry, providing innovative ground solutions that allow our clients to manage their ground risks.
The attributes needed to fulfil this role successfully are:
- A sound understanding of London ground conditions with deep basement and geo structural/temporary works experience
- Competent in piling, piled walls, foundation and retaining wall design, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations
- Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications in slope stability, earthworks, basements, deep excavations and retaining structures
- Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and gain a good understanding of their sector to foster effective and enduring relationships
- Ability to manage a challenging workload
- A team player with a mature approach including first class inter-personal skills
- Geotechnical Leader for the developing SI and design team and experience of mentoring
- Appreciation of practice management and commercial control of projects
- Assist the Regional Director in managing the London team and focus on project delivery to a high standard
- A work winner who can contribute to business development
- Must be numerate, FEM aware, problem solver, pragmatic, Innovative, have integratory and a team player
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials:
- A Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body
- Around 8 –10 years’ experience of working on relevant geotechnical projects in the UK
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this vacancy is the kind of opportunity you are looking for then please call Alison Stafford-Willis (Associate Director) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat.
To register your interest for this position please send your CV to Alison at AlisonS@cgl-uk.com or upload it using the short form below. We will require all applicants to complete a full CGL application form which will shortly be available online.
CGL is committed to a positive policy which promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.