Principal Engineer, London
Due to an increased workload at our London office we have an opportunity for a Principal Engineer to join our successful team.
The attributes needed to fulfil this role successfully are:
- A sound understanding of London ground conditions with deep basement and geostructural/temporary works experience
- Competent in piling, piled walls, foundation and retaining wall design, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations
- Experience of delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications for slope stability, earthworks, basements, deep excavations and retaining structures
- Able to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and gain a good understanding of their sectors to foster effective and enduring relationships
- Ability to manage a challenging workload
- A team player with a mature approach including first class interpersonal skills
- Ability to be a Geotechnical Leader for the developing site investigation and design team with experience of mentoring
- Appreciation of practice management and the commercial control of projects
- Ability to assist the Regional Director in managing the London team with a focus on delivering projects to a high standard
- A work winner who can contribute to business development
- Must be numerate, FEM aware, a problem solver, pragmatic, innovative, have integrity and be a team player
Ideal candidates will also have the following credentials:
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body
- 8+ years’ experience of working on relevant geotechnical projects in the UK
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this vacancy is the kind of opportunity you are looking for then please call Mio Adam (Human Resources Manager) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat.
To register your interest for this position please send your CV to Mio at MioneA@cgl-uk.com
CGL is committed to a positive policy which promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.