Principal Engineer, London
We are looking for the right person to be a Principal Engineer in our busy central London office. They will be working directly for our highly experienced Regional Director, assisting him with the running of the team and the delivery of project work. From offices in Marylebone Station CGL is working with a wide range of contractors, structural consultants and developers to deliver design and construction advice, varied in complexity and scope from multiple storey basements basement and their construction programming to RuFUS inspired reuse of foundations and to first time greenfield developments requiring, temporary works, geotechnical and geoenvironmental advice.
The candidates will be required to have the following credentials:
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body with a first degree in civil engineering or engineering geology and an appropriate postgraduate MSc or higher degree
- Demonstratable numeracy and a minimum of eight years’ experience, including a period post charter of working on relevant geotechnical projects in the UK
The attributes needed to fulfil this role successfully are:
- Demonstrable ability in understanding of deep basement and geo-structural/temporary works and experience in the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations in London and elsewhere
- A team player, able to work in collaboratively with others both within CGL and with outside parties to ensure the integrity of the overall designs and delivery of projects to a high standard
- Experience of supervising and managing small project teams
- A work winner who will contribute to office and companywide business development. They should be able to communicate effectively with clients, fostering positive and enduring relationships in order to grow the office in London
- Proven project management capability and commercial control of projects
- Ability to train and mentor less experienced staff and contribute to the technical development of the company
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this vacancy is the kind of opportunity and challenge you are looking for then please call Mio Adam (Human Resources Manager) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat. Also, have a look at some of the projects in the project section of our website to whet your appetite!
To formally register your interest for this position please send your CV to Mio at MioneA@cgl-uk.com or upload it using the short form below.
CGL is committed to a positive policy which promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.
Redevelopment of Marylebone site using RuFUS principle