Geo-Structural Temporary Works Design Engineer, London or Dublin
What Awaits You
We are an award-winning geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy. We work at the forefront of the industry, providing innovative ground solutions that allow our clients to manage their ground risks. Temporary Works Design is a core discipline for us, through innovative and pragmatic thinking we provide cost-effective solutions for our varied clients using software including PLAXIS 3D.
We employ a hotbed of talented and capable people working together to develop new ideas for cutting edge, innovative ground solutions. We believe our people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of construction.
What Role Would You Play Within our Team
We are looking for the right person to strengthen our busy niche design team, who has specialist knowledge and experience in the field of below ground and soil structure interaction temporary works design.
You will be working on a wide range of urban development and infrastructure projects collaborating with Tier 1/2 contractors, civil and structural engineers and developers to deliver pragmatic designs and construction advice.
Who we are looking for:
We welcome applications from experienced engineers with a degree in civil/structural engineering with a strong geotechnical component and/or a Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering.
- You will be a Chartered or near chartered membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or an appropriate professional body. Each year we successfully mentor employees through this process, we’re happy to help and are known for our training support.
- You’ll show demonstrable experience and ability in numerical analysis and designing of deep basements, retaining walls, foundations, slopes, pile design, propping systems, and all general geo-structural/temporary works elements.
- A good knowledge and understanding of construction sequencing/buildability, value engineering and foundation reuse.
- Experience of undertaking detailed Ground Movement Analysis and Asset Impact Assessments would be an advantage but not essential.
- A team player, able to work collaboratively with others both within CGL and with outside parties to ensure the integrity of the overall designs and delivery of projects to a high standard.
- Experience of supervising and managing small project teams
- A work winner who will contribute to office and companywide business development. They should be able to communicate effectively with clients, fostering positive and enduring relationships
- Proven project management capability and commercial control of projects.
- A desire and ability to train and mentor less experienced staff and contribute to the technical development of the company. People are at the heart of everything we do.
We are able to offer you:
- A competitive salary and a profit-related bonus scheme
- Flexible working arrangements and home location
- Exciting, rewarding and potentially award-winning project experience
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Training and education assistance (pre and post chartership)
- Health care cash plan
- Group Income protection
- Company pension scheme
- Death in service cover
- Generous Annual leave allowance (and the option to purchase more) increasing in line with service
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this vacancy is the kind of opportunity and challenge, you are looking for then please call Mio Adam (Human Resources Business Partner) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat. Also, have a look at some of the projects in the project section of our website to whet your appetite!
To apply click here. We are sorry, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
CGL is committed to a positive policy that promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.