Geotechnical Engineer, Dublin
CGL is an award-winning geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy with offices across the UK, over the past 24 years our work has been well recognised through a wide range of award-winning projects . We recently established a Dublin office, headed up by Joseph Slattery, and are looking to recruit a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to work alongside Joe as we expand into the Irish market.
The successful candidate will need to have excellent technical ability across the spectrum of geotechnical services, as well as solid commercial awareness and business development skills, a strong business acumen and be well established and experienced in the Irish market, particularly in the ground investigation and ground engineering sectors.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work on some of the most complex and challenging ground engineering projects in the UK.
The attributes to successfully fulfil this role are:
- Competence in the use of Eurocodes for design purposes
- Experienced in the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations
- Enthusiasm to develop and learn new skills including the use of PLAXIS 3D analysis
- Familiarity with current design standards such as CIRIA C760 guidance and the use of commercial analysis software (WALLAP, PDISP, SLOPE etc.)
- Experience in project management, delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications
- Ability to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- A self-starter with a keen interest in business development with a strong business acumen and commercial awareness
- Proven record of business development in the ground engineering/construction sector in Ireland
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and foster effective and enduring relationships
- Ability to devise and deliver a strategic business development plan in line with CGL’s wider business objectives
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in civil engineering with a geotechnical component and/or a Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering
- Around 5 years’ relevant experience of working on geotechnical projects in Ireland
- Chartered Member of Engineers Ireland or appropriate professional body
Knowledge of geoenvironmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design would be a benefit and excellent report writing skills will be required. You will be expected to combine business development incentive with the challenge of technical work and project management. Occasional travel to the UK will be required.
We are able to offer you:
- A competitive salary and a profit related bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting and rewarding project experience
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Training and education assistance
- Death in service cover
- Annual leave increases in line with service
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this is the kind of opportunity you are looking for then please call Mio Adam (Human Resources Manager) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat. To register your interest for this position please send your CV to Mio at MioneA@cgl-uk.com
CGL is committed to a positive policy which promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.
Applying for work with CGL
We particularly welcome applications for positions advertised directly from candidates as well as general enquiries about job opportunities from talented people interested in working for us.
We will also look at speculative applications for candidates who possess relevant qualifications from agencies who wish to become a potential future recruiting partner for CGL.
Please address applications to: Mio Adam