Principal Engineer/Associate Director, Bristol
CGL have recently opened a satellite office in the centre of Bristol and we are now in a position where we need to strengthen the team with an enthusiastic and dynamic Principal Engineer/Associate Director looking to develop their skills and career. The ideal candidate would also be keen to support the growth of the office into work sectors aligned to its capability or specific areas of work suited to the candidate’s area of specialism and will have a good knowledge of the Bristol and surrounding counties markets.
Our clients, which include housing developers, major contractors, energy infrastructure providers and associated local construction professionals, commission us on projects that vary in size and nature both in the south west of England and across the United Kingdom.
Award winning expertise and management
In 2017 CGL won the G4C Commitment to Training and Development for the third year running and was a finalist in four categories at the Ground Engineering Awards and finalists for People Development Award from Constructing Excellence Yorkshire & Humber, Temporary Works Award from the BCIA, Best UK Company Performance and Inclusion and Diversity Champion Award from the ACE.
CGL was Highly Commended as a Diversity Champion for the outreach project The Female Face of Civil Engineering at the NCE 100 Awards in 2017. CGL was also a Finalist for the NCE Talent Champion award and achieved 66th place in the overall rankings.
The company won seven awards in 2016 including the Ground Engineering Consulting Firm of the Year and were proud to be rated an “Outstanding Company” in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies Awards.
The successful candidate in this role will have:
- Graduated with a degree in civil engineering or engineering geology and will have had 8+ years’ experience.
- They will be Chartered with a specialist consultancy, or in a geotechnical department of a larger consultancy. A further specialist post graduate degree will be a distinct advantage in the selection process.
- We are looking for someone with a sound understanding of UK geology and/or UK construction practice and be looking to build on their prior experience by taking on challenging projects and more responsibility.
- Demonstration of experience and expertise in the assessment of ground conditions, geotechnical design and modelling and relevant codes and standards will be essential.
- Ability to manage a challenging workload.
- A team player with a mature approach including first class inter-personal skills.
- Working towards a Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
In return for your dedication and enthusiasm we can offer you:
- A competitive salary and a profit related bonus scheme
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Company pension scheme
- Excellent project experience
- A stimulating and friendly working environment
- Early responsibility
- Opportunities to progress your career
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this position is the kind of opportunity you are looking for then you are welcome to call Mio Adam (HR Manager) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat. To register your interest for this position please send your CV to Mio at MioneA@cgl-uk.com or upload it using the short form below.
We will require all applicants to complete a full CGL application form which will shortly be available online. CGL is committed to a positive policy which promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.
Applying for work with CGL
We particularly welcome applications for positions advertised directly from candidates as well as general enquiries about job opportunities from talented people interested in working for us. We will also look at speculative applications for candidates who possess relevant qualifications from agencies who wish to become a potential future recruiting partner for CGL. Please address applications to: Mio Adam.