Senior Geotechnical Engineer – Exeter and Bristol
If you are ready for a new challenge CGL have an opportunity for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the team at our busy Exeter and Bristol offices. CGL is an award-winning geotechnical and geoenvironmental consultancy with six offices across the UK and Ireland, employing 70+ staff. We work at the forefront of the industry, providing innovative ground solutions that allow our clients to manage their ground risks.
The attributes to successfully fulfil this role are:
- Competence in scoping, tendering, supervising and managing of Phase 1 Desk Studies and Phase 2 Ground Investigation works on both greenfield and brownfield developments
- Experience in preparing health and safety documentation
- Ability to prepare technical reports including desk studies and ground investigation factual and interpretive reports. In addition, experience of producing technical reports including geotechnical recommendations for slopes, foundations, retaining structures and earthworks is required and human health, groundwater and gas risk assessments is desirable
- Experience of people management including junior staff mentoring and project and financial management is required
- You will take responsibility for delivery of small projects or parts of larger project deliverables under senior support and guidance
- Competence in the use of Eurocodes to design piles, piled walls, foundations, temporary works, soil nails, ground anchors and the planning, implementation and interpretation of site investigations
- Familiarity with the use of WALLAP and Oasys software including PDISP and SLOPE, competent/expert user of Excel or similar programmes
- Experience in delivering detailed design engineering solutions, drawings and specifications in slope stability, earthworks to HA22/08 & Series 600 and retaining/foundation structures
- Ability to work in collaboration with other engineering disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and gain a good understanding of their sector to foster effective and enduring relationships. Experience of working with a contractor is desirable
- Ability to manage a challenging workload
- A team player with a mature approach including first class inter-personal skills
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials:
- A degree (minimum 2:1) in civil engineering with a geotechnical component and/or a Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering/Engineering Geology
- Around 3-8 years’ relevant experience of working on geotechnical projects in the UK
- Working towards a Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers, Geological Society of London or appropriate professional body
Knowledge of geoenvironmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design would be a benefit and excellent report writing skills will be required. You will be expected to combine site work with the challenge of design work and analysis and project management in a dynamic office environment.
We are able to offer you:
- A competitive salary and a profit related bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting and rewarding project experience
- Payment of professional subscriptions
- Training and education assistance
- Death in service cover
- Annual leave increases in line with service
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this position is the kind of opportunity you are looking for then you are welcome to call Mio Adam (HR Manager) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat.
To register your interest for this position please send your CV to MioneA@cgl-uk.com or upload it using the short form below. We will require all applicants to complete a full CGL application form which we will send to your if you are short listed for interview.
CGL is committed to a positive policy which promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.
Applying for work with CGL
We particularly welcome applications for positions advertised directly from candidates as well as general enquiries about job opportunities from talented people interested in working for us.
We will also look at speculative applications for candidates who possess relevant qualifications from agencies who wish to become a potential future recruiting partner for CGL.
Please address applications to: Mio Adam