Senior Geotechnical Engineers, Godalming & London
Improving your career does not have to mean staying anonymous in big organisations. In the last six years CGL has twice won the prestigious GE Best Geotechnical Project of the Year Awards and been shortlisted a further three times in this competition, been Consulting Firm of the Year and had one (maybe now two) Rising Star of the Year finalists and is a Project of the Decade Finalist for 2018.
This Gold Award Investors in People company and Sunday Times Best Company is seeking enthusiastic, ambitious, and experienced geotechnical engineers to join their London and Godalming teams to work on exciting and demanding analytical work in support of construction teams from major UK contractors, consultants and developers.
This role offers the opportunity to:
- Provide detailed ground movement analysis using state of the art 3D finite element analysis software. This will be used to satisfy third party stakeholders and to support innovative tender designs.
- Project manage and develop a team of young engineers to carry out ground movement analysis and support their development.
- Carry out and supervise the production of bearing pile and retaining wall designs to Eurocode Standards.
- Engage with clients and contractors to develop innovative, cost-effective, and environmentally conscious designs.
Ideal candidates will have the following credentials:
- MEng, or an MSc in a geotechnical engineering or engineering geology specialism.
- Around 5-8 years’ relevant experience of working on geotechnical projects in the UK.
- Working towards a Chartered Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers or appropriate professional body.
Knowledge of geoenvironmental engineering and its interaction with geotechnical design would be a benefit and excellent report writing skills will be required. You will be expected to combine site work with the challenge of design work and analysis and project management in a dynamic office environment.
We are able to offer you:
- A competitive salary and a profit related bonus scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Exciting and rewarding project experience.
- Payment of professional subscriptions.
- Training and education assistance.
- Death in service cover.
- Annual leave increases in line with service
Enquire or apply for this vacancy
If you think this position is the kind of opportunity you are looking for then you are welcome to call Mio Adam (HR Manager) on 01483 310600 for an informal chat. To register your interest for this position please send your CV to Mio at MioneA@cgl-uk.com or upload it using the short form below.
We will require all applicants to complete a full CGL application form which will shortly be available online. CGL is committed to a positive policy which promotes equal opportunities in employment regardless of sex, marital status, sexual orientation, creed, colour, race or ethnic origins. This principle will apply in respect of all conditions of employment.
Applying for work with CGL
We particularly welcome applications for positions advertised directly from candidates as well as general enquiries about job opportunities from talented people interested in working for us. We will also look at speculative applications for candidates who possess relevant qualifications from agencies who wish to become a potential future recruiting partner for CGL. Please address applications to: Mio Adam